Lab Technician - Soil/Water
FRS Recruitment is partnering with a leading Agribusiness in Ireland and inviting applications for the role of Laboratory Technician with an understanding of soil and water testing parameters. This is a full-time perm role and would suit candidates residing in the counties of Longford, Cavan & Westmeath.
Salary: 28 - 40k DOE
- Responsible for setting up and establishing our client's new laboratory
- Complete all appropriate training through SOPs and safety risk assessments
- Ensure laboratory equipment is cleaned, calibrated, and maintained appropriately
- Perform soil sampling tests such as lime requirement, pH and trace nutrients
- Provide advice and recommendations to customers based on soil & water analysis
- Provide water sampling tests such as pH, BOD, Conductivity etc.
- Communicate with team members and other functions to ensure all laboratory activities are coordinated
- Must have a recognized science (environmental/agriculture) qualification or a minimum 3-year relevant experience
- A farming background is preferred but not essential
- Have a keen interest in soil science and water testing
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with lab techniques, buffer preparation and calibration of equipment
Are you the one we're looking for? Apply now by clicking the apply button.
All applications through FRS are 100% confidential.
N.B. Any direct canvassing will lead to elimination from process - All Applications through FRS Recruitment
Sector: Agriculture, Lab, Soil, Water, Testing