Key Account Manager - FMCG
Key Account Manager 2022
As a Key Account Manager within the Commercial Team, you are responsible for sales and availability of both branded and private label product lines for the customers under your management.
The role involves proactively managing key accounts to achieve sales, margin, and retailer category growth targets through optimisation of current listings and new product development. The role also includes responsibility for developing and executing sales plans to deliver profitable and sustainable sales with B2B customers and the foodservice channels. The accounts being managed are all existing retail, convenience, B2B or foodservice ones. You will be encouraged to grow and develop sales and will be supported by the company's office and strong commercial team. Ongoing guidance, training and support will be provided by senior management, and you will work very closely with the Commercial Director.
- Develop and negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBP) and Long-Term Agreements (LTA) with key retail and convenience customers, under the guidance of the Commercial Director.
- Gather, analyse, and provide insight on the category through consultation with key accounts and relevant industry bodies.
- Report on the sales and profitability and account initiatives to grow sales in your accounts on a weekly basis
- Liaise with members of Senior Management in developing weekly, monthly, quarterly action plans and category plans for customers that are in line with the annual account plan and the overall company strategic plan.
- Work on product pricing model for submission of pricing to customers at tender time.
- Liaise with planning department and logistics on a weekly basis regarding forecast planning.
- Develop planograms with retail customers.
- Submission of customer promotion plans per cycle or as required.
- Manage the costs associated with doing business with each of the key accounts.
- Develop a relationship with each relevant member of the trading and supply chain teams in each of the key accounts. Also build relationships with managers of key stores at a local level.
- Work closely with production and quality departments in New Product Development. Key for existing private label customers and company branded growth. Delivery of NPD to your own accounts immediately after launch.
- Visit all customers on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Third level qualification
- Experience working in FMCG Sales / Business Development preferred
- Ability to manage numerous key accounts and divide time correctly between small, medium, and large accounts.
- Strong numeric & commercial acumen to proactively manage major accounts to maintain product margin and meet account targets.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional presentational skills.
- Very proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent people skills.