My client is a growing telecommunications company with an expanding presence in the Irish market. They require a Snr Network Engineer with knowledge of networking concepts and theory, and with experience participating in operational network support in a service provider environment.
- end-to-end design, planning, implementation and support of internal and customer network solutions
- configuration, management and troubleshooting of network related issues
- provide higher level operational network support
- support day-to-day managed firewall administration
- drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- act as mentor to network team members
- participate as escalation point in rotating third level on call support schedule
Key Required Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience of Juniper routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF
- Experience with the following protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, UDP, NAT, QoS, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP/HTTPS, SNMP, SSL, IPsec and TLS
- Certification: JNCIS or CCNP minimum
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Certifications: JNCIP/ CCIE or higher
- Security certification
- Knowledge and experience of Fortigate firewalls
- Knowledge and experience of Alcatel-Lucent SR platform
- Experience with the following voice related protocols and concepts: SIP, RTP, H.323, SS7
- Knowledge of licensed microwave technology
Are you looking for a new challenge in your career as a Snr Network Engineer?
If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Snr Network Engineer role to Carl Casey, IT Recruitment Consultant, FRS Recruitment (0867838584) via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.