Junior Software Developer
Our client has an opening for an Software Engineer. The successful applicant will join our team of operations and development engineers located in our state of the art office in Waterford, Ireland. This position involves providing multi-level technical support to our customers in the global telecommunications industry.
We recruit the best and brightest problem solvers. All engineers, junior and senior, are an integral part of the team with equal opportunity to share and critique ideas. Employee growth is of huge importance for us. For this role we are looking for a logical, critical thinker with excellent judgement and initiative. If you like being exposed to leading technologies and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, then this may be the right position for you.
The position entails:
- Resolution of issues with deployed software applications
- Interaction and communication to respond to customers with appropriate instruction, guidance and troubleshooting assistance
- Provision of technical assistance with regard to environment setup and configuration
- Writing Groovy scripts and MySQL database queries
- Hands-on issue/data research and performance tuning
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Close collaboration with support colleagues in Ireland and the US
- Participation in on-call rotations
- Travelas required to customer sites in the US as well as our head office in San Francisco
Education, Experience, Skills
- Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering or a related field. Experience in a software testing environment would be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of relational database management systems, preferably MySQL.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying applications implemented in Java.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Groovy, Python or bash.
- Experience with Linux and command line environments a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Practical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills including prioritising and planning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Abilityto work on own initiative.