Junior Electrical Engineer/Electrician
My client, a well known highly respected heavy industrial manufacturer in Limerick is now looking for an Electrical and Instrumentation Designer to join their team.
Positions very rarely come up in the company because they have very low turn over of staff. Most people once they get a role in this company they stay. Excellent salary on offer and benefits.
This is an excellent company to work for even though they are a large multinational they have a lovely SME feel/family business feel.
- Working under a lead Electrical/Instrument Engineer, the successful candidate will liaise with project leaders, electrical/instrument engineers, DCS control engineers, operations personnel and other stakeholders to provide electrical and instrument support to CAPEX or OPEX projects.
- Conduct surveys and reports on site equipment and installations.
- Detailed as-building of existing installations and updating of existing documentation.
- Generate all electrical design drawings and project documentation to deliver the electrical and/or instrumentation requirements of the project
- Specification and procurement of electrical and instrument equipment according to AAL standards.
- Generate detailed scopes of work c/w materials lists, quality plans, Design Stage Health and Safety Plans etc. to allow our in-house contractor to build the project
- Ensure the safe, accurate, timely and cost-effective implementation of the project in the field, including punch-listing
- Commissioning and testing of electrical and instrument installations
- Adherence to plant health, safety and environmental rules
- Attend project meetings, design reviews and project risk assessments.
- Working safely and effectively in continuously operating plant.
- Electrical Trade or 3rd Level degree in electrical / instrument disciplines
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience in a similar role.
- Familiar with ETCI, IEC & IEEE standards.
- Experience in chemical process plant / heavy industrial plant.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Proven experience with control schematics & wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of automation & control systems.
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Emer on 0860437889