I have a fantastic opportunity with a leading national distribution and supply solutions company. Due to their success they are looking for a Buyer for a new position based in Limerick. The successful candidate will either have experience as a Buyer with knowledge of Industrial engineering parts or an Engineer who has some knowledge of sourcing and negotiating.
This is an excellent company to work for and have very low turnover of staff. Positions do not come up very often with this company and they are offering a very competitive salary for the right person.
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Identifying potential suppliers and building and maintaining good relationships with suppliers
- Negotiating and agreeing pricing, checking the quality of service provided;
- Processing payments and invoices queries directly related to their activities
- Working to and maintaining agreed customer specific KPI's
- Developing an organisation's purchasing strategy;
- Producing reports and statistics using computer software;
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives;
- Attending production meetings
- Strong IT Skills,
- Experience in ERP systems such as SAP.
- Advanced / Intermediate Excel
- Good communicator.
- Engineering background.