Junior Business Analyst
Job Title: IT Business Systems Analyst Junior
Location: Roscrea, Co. Tipperary - (Remote Work option)
Type: Full time, Permanent
Reporting to: IT Team Leader, and working closely with existing Project Management team.
Salary: in line with the experience of the successful candidate
This is a rare opportunity to join an existing IT Team of 6 people in a long-established and progressive organisation in Roscrea, North Tipperary, with attractive remote working options for the right candidate.
This is a Business-facing junior IT role in which you will be required to develop a deep understanding of business processes and the applications/systems supporting them, and apply the knowledge acquired to increase business efficiency and productivity by designing and implementing technology-driven solutions.
You will be working closely with business stakeholders and senior BA as a member of the IT team to lead a variety of technology projects, in the area of Finance, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Human Resources (HR), Talent Acquisition, online delivery (e-Learning & e-Commerce) and more.
You will examine existing business processes, discuss your findings with the key business stakeholders, agree a set of requirements, source vendors/solutions and design an appropriate solution.
You will specify the functions the system will perform, and the way information will be viewed by the user, present your solution to the business and, once the design is approved, manage the project from an IT perspective and work together with vendors/ other IT resources and the business to develop, test and implement it within agreed budget and timelines.
Key to this role are the attitude, skills, abilities and techniques required to act as the 'enabling bridge' between the Business and IT with the emphasis on representing the Business need throughout.
You must have a genuine passion for technology and hunger for driving technology-led positive business changes, as well as a good appreciation of the technology delivery process.
You will be responsible for delivery & implementation of IT related projects of a technical nature, you will deliver standard implementation activities, produce status reports, risks, issues, decisions, action items and other communications, standard operating procedures including change management.
You will consult with management and stakeholders on an on-going basis to maintain strategic link to business needs.
Other requirements include:
- At least 2+ years' experience as a Business Systems Analyst
- Experience working on ERP/CRM/Financial Systems implementations a distinct advantage
- Expertise in requirements gathering and analysis techniques with the ability to translate into documentation which can be understood by Business and IT.
- Sufficient understanding of systems to be able to engage and communicate effectively with Designers, Developers, System Architects and QA regarding requirements.
- Project management experience or qualification
- Be a dynamic individual who is a motivated self-starter
- Excellent communication skills with a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to direct, moderate and negotiate groups of users/stakeholders
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflicting as well as competing demands.
- Flexibility to handle work beyond defined responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Manage tasks and assignments with little supervision
- Full clean driver's licence