Junior Automation Controls Engineer
My client, an innovative and rapidly-growing medical technology manufacturer in the South East have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Automation Controls Engineer to join their team in a newly-created permanent position.
This is a fabulous opportunity to progress in your career and join one of the world's leading medical technology companies and work on products that make a real difference to patient's quality of life.
What will you be doing in this job?
In this role, you'll be working closely with an experienced Controls Engineer who will mentor and provide training in the main job requirements. You'll be tasked with supporting the development of new manufacturing processes and modify existing ones. along with assisting in the introduction of new products and processes.
* Controls project engineering for existing and new processes: - specification, conceptualisation, design, code development, debugging through to handover to Production and Maintenance Teams. Includes PLC & PC control, HMI/SCADA, closed loop controls of Motion, OEE systems, Robotics etc.
* Assisting in project costing, justification and scheduling.
* Assist in process software validation with documented controls strategies, logic and sequence diagrams, etc.
* Assist with the Automation Machine Build group in new process build, commissioning and implementation.
* Maintain and improve existing controls standards and documentation for equipment manuals and CE Technical Files.
* Assist in the introduction of new products and manufacturing processes, and their implementation in conjunction with lean manufacturing principles.
* Assist production in ramp-up phase of new equipment/processes.
What will this job do for you?
This is an opportune time for an up and coming Automation / Controls Engineer to get hands on experience in a multinational medical device production facility. This role has opened because of the rapid growth within the business
Are you the ideal candidate?
As the ideal candidate, you'll be either a College graduate with a degree in Electrical, Electronic, Controls or related Engineering discipline with 1+ years relevant controls/programming experience.
OR Diploma or Trades qualification in Engineering with at least 3 years relevant controls experience with:
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes and project management.
* Knowledge of controls engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
* Experience in commissioning and de-bugging new machines/processes.
Your next step: APPLY TODAY by sending in your CV for immediate consideration. All applications are confidential and your CV will not be presented to the client without speaking to you first.
Got some questions before applying? Looking for something else? Call the relevant consultant: Leo Cordingley on 086 049 5443
Can't talk at work? No problem, feel free to call/text anytime.