Location: North County Cork
Job Type: Full-time, Onsite (5 days per week)
Our client, a leading manufacturing company in the biopharma space is currently seeking a skilled and dedicated Onsite IT Technician to support their two Irish sites. This is a varied role with a high level of autonomy, for a person who enjoys an environment in which no two days are exactly the same, a great opportunity for an experienced IT Technician who is looking for an opportunity that allows for managing your own tasks and priorities.
- Provide onsite technical support for computer systems, software applications, and network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions to minimise downtime.
- 3-5 years' experience in a helpdesk or IT Technician function
- Install, configure, and maintain computer systems, servers, and network devices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and address IT-related needs and requirements across both of the client sites in Ireland.
- Monitor and maintain backup systems, ensuring data integrity and availability.
- Conduct regular system audits, identifying areas for improvement and implementing necessary updates and upgrades.
- Assist in the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures to enhance security and compliance.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies, recommending and implementing improvements as appropriate.
- Occasional travel (1-2x per month) to client site in Meath, company van/mileage and per diems provided
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience as an IT Technician or in a similar role, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, software, and network systems.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Proficiency in Office 365, Sharepoint, Azure and remote access tools.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with users at all levels of the organisation.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional) are a plus.
If you are a tech-savvy individual with a passion for IT and a desire to contribute to the success of a leading manufacturing company with a high level of ownership over your work and function, we would love to hear from you.