IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Our client are happy to announce they are urgently seeking an experienced IT Project Manager to come join one of Ireland's leading end-to-end customer experience providers. You will be joining a fast-paced, growing company that puts people first and is involved in multiple national, government and private sector initiatives and projects. You will be responsible for planning and overseeing projects for the company's client during the 12 month fixed-term contract. Based in Dublin City Centre and working with a hybrid model, this role is perfect for those situated in Dublin or the surrounding areas. We are seeking professionals who have an ability to work at a macro level defining the strategic roadmap for a particular large program of work and to impart Project Management standards and knowledge to other PMO team members by leading, guiding and motivating.
What will you be doing?
Planning, Executing and Closing of Projects
* Responsible for creating clear and attainable program and project objectives, developing clear goals and managing scope, cost, time, quality and stakeholder management.
* Oversees all aspects project information including business requirement documentation, stakeholder analysis, timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition of project(s).
* Determine the optimum logical Projects breakdown within a Program clearly understanding the project interdependencies.
* Manage all aspects of the implementation of programs and projects from end to end including any and all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project.
* Work closely with relevant departments to manage assigned programs and projects in line with business and program/project objectives.
* Regular reporting, chairing and minute taking of key meetings and communication of progress.
* Program/Project cost management including effort estimating and managing baseline versus actual costs.
* Store and publish all reports and other documents throughout a project lifecycle in PMO SharePoint repository.
* Compile program/project status reports for all interrelated projects as applicable.
* Maintain a Lessons Learned Knowledge base.
* Give oversight to the delivery of a number of projects in the PMO portfolio focusing on supporting the assigned project manager with the day to day challenges and in providing a level of governance and control to the delivery through close monitoring of outputs as per the defined delivery methodology
* Assist in the stage gate reviews of a number of agreed projects in the PMO portfolio.
Managing Project Conflicts and Risk
* Focus main attention on reducing risk significantly by adhering to a policy of open communication, ensuring that project participants can voice their opinions and concerns.
* Proactively Manage risk mitigation strategy and ensure risks are handed over for operational management when the project goes live.
* Strives to maintain the progress and mutual interaction and tasks of various parties in such a way that reduces the risk of overall failure, maximises benefits and reduces costs.
* Agree a communication process at the beginning of all projects.
* Responsible for gathering all necessary information from the change initiator prior to presenting to governance teams.
* Monitoring any change reviews, and following up on all approved changes including disseminating new project documents.
What qualifications/skill set do you need?
* 5 years of IT project management experience.
* Proven track record in delivering on-time, on budget programs and projects.
* Accreditation (PMP, Degree, Dip, PMBOK, PRINCE2) or other relevant accreditation
* Strong commercial acumen, ability to manage large program/project budgets
* Excellent understanding and experience of using software delivery methodologies (waterfall and agile)
* Track record of developing ongoing PMO (Maturity) process improvements
* Experience in facilitating business stakeholders in strategic / planning workshops
* Confident in contributing to healthy challenges to all levels of business for greater outcomes
* Proven ability to deliver complex infrastructure/software solutions into a mission critical operational environment
* Excellent track record in the management of 3rd party suppliers by holding them to account to their delivery responsibilities.
* Track record of meeting targets on daily, weekly and monthly basis;
* Strong ability to work at a detailed level whilst being able to extract the appropriate level of information to senior management;
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide expertise on correct meeting etiquette.
* Knowledge of the transportation sector an advantage.
* Proven track record of project/program execution ability with varying degrees of complex integrations with other systems.
What is on offer for you?
* Wellbeing programme focused on our people's health and wellness
* Health Discount Programme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Pension Scheme
* Employee Discounts
* Life Cover
* Development Programmes to support your progression
* Refer a Friend Scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Leap Card Tax Saver
* Maternity Pay & Paternity Pay
We ask that only those based in Ireland apply for this position. Our client are not in a position to sponsor work visa applications at this time.