IT Operations Specialist (nights)
IT Operations Specialist- Kerry
This is an exciting opportunity for IT Support Engineers to advance their career and skills. Working for a leading global financial company, the Operations Specialist is responsible for monitoring the IT infrastructure, systems and applications to alert support teams to resolve issues quickly and efficiently as defined by service level agreements. You will also assist in daily processing and work with automated scheduling software to ensure daily production runs smoothly and efficiently. This role requires evening work and will include weekend shifts.
We look for:
- Degree in Computing with minimum 2 years experience - OR -
- 5 years experience in corporate IT roles.
- Incident escalation experience (using industry software such as Heat, Remedy, etc.)
- Customer focused team player with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Potential and ambition to excel in IT with an enthusiasm for technology and learning.
- Excellent professionalism, reliability and punctuality.
All nice to haves rather than essential:
- Experience / knowledge of Unix OS.
- Experience / knowledge of simple scripting.
- Experience of infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Experience of enterprise scheduling software. (e.g. TWS, Tidal, JP1, etc.)
- Hardware / Software Certification.
- Experience in financial services industry a plus.
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your work experience to date, the skills that you developed there, your personality traits that match this role and why you are interested in developing a career in IT.