A leading Irish law firm is looking for an accomplished IT Manager to manage, develop and support the firm's ICT infrastructure, services and software portfolio. The role is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and enhancing the ICT infrastructure, systems management, service delivery, operations and end-user training. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a background of IT support and management in a mid-sized company, preferably in the legal services sectors.
- Supervises the IT staff and infrastructure.
- Ensures that sufficient cover is provided at all times such that IT service levels meet the requirements of the firm.
- Participates in the preparation of the IT budget.
- Defines IT policies and procedures and maintains technical documentation for the firm.
- Manages and supports communication systems with a focus on reliability and stability. Including telephones, email servers, conferencing, LAN and WAN.
- Recommends, plans, upgrades and implements new technologies in line with the Firm's needs. Takes a lead role in these projects.
- Acts as primary systems administrator for IT services and applications. Performs or delegates system management duties to IT and facilities staff.
- Ensures that ICT security systems are deployed and working. Technologies include content filtering, anti-spam services, virus protection, log and event monitoring, and firewall and intrusion detection.
- Maintaining and improving disaster recovery and backup procedures.
- Carries out any other duties commensurate with the purpose of the job
This is very much a hands-on role, and recent technical experience managing a broad cross-section of technologies is required.
These include but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Servers and desktop clients
- Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Hyper-V, Clustering and Software SAN
- VPN, SonicWall, Cisco\Linksys switches and HP/Dell Servers.
- Business systems including iManage, DocsCorp, Keyhouse, Microsoft Office suite and ShoreTel.
Education, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior IT role.
- A professional IT Certification such as the MCSE, CCNA, CISSP.
- Strong IT skills including extensive knowledge Microsoft and networking technologies.
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills and a proactive approach to anticipating and managing challenges and risks.
- Ability to interact professionally with staff at all levels of the organisation, both verbally and in writing.
- Good communication skills and the ability to prepare quality documentation, reports and training materials.
- Reliability and attention to detail.
Are you looking for a new challenge in your career a IT Manager?
If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this IT Manager role to Carl Casey, IT Recruitment Consultant, FRS Recruitment (0867838584) via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.