International Sales Manager
As an Area Sales Manager, you should have an outstanding record of achievement in area sales and business development. Previous sales experience of Laser Welding, Resistance Welding or related technology area is a pre-requisite for this position.
Selling to original equipment manufacturers and end-users alike, along with technical and government institutes, this challenging role requires an experienced and highly motivated sales professional.
To ensure your clients' and your company's needs are met, you will be required to liaise regularly with other sales personnel and colleagues from other departments such as research and development, design, purchasing and production, and senior company managers throughout Europe.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve:
- Searching for new clients who could benefit from company products in your designated region.
- Travelling to visit potential clients. An expectation of 4 days per week with customers is to be assumed.
- Establishing new and maintaining existing, long-term relationships with customers.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements.
- Making business cases to clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs.
- Calculating client quotations.
- Negotiating tender and contract terms in line with company rules.
- Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions in line with company rules.
- Offering after-sales commercial/technical services.
- Administering client accounts.
- Analysing costs and sales.
- Preparing reports for management.
- Meeting regular sales targets.
- Recording and maintaining client contact data.
- Coordinating sales projects.
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
- Solving client problems.
Hours and Environment:
Long or irregular hours are normal. You'll usually split your time between your home office and visiting clients through Ireland and Northern Europe Region, the key areas of responsibility will be Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. As well as clients, you'll also travel to trade shows and conferences regularly. As we are a European organisation, regular trips abroad are also likely.
Skills and Interests:
To be an Area Sales Manager you will need:
- A solid technical background
- A proven sales record in the relevant technology
- Excellent business & commercial sense
- Team working ability
- The ability to build relationships with clients quickly
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Increasingly, foreign language skills are in demand
- A full driving licence
- Entitlement to work within the UK and Europe
A degree relevant to the industry or technology sector is preferred but not essential, an outstanding record of achievement within sales and business development and previous sales experience of Laser Welding, Resistance Welding or related technology is a pre-requisite for this position.
We offer both specific product and technology training within its European facilities; we also will provide on-the-job training.
Our client is a Global organisation and the market leader in the development, manufacturing and servicing of Systems, Products and components for Laser Welding, Laser Marking, Resistance Welding, Micro Tig and Bonding. Europe-wide Corporation with over eight business units in the European area including three production facilities in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands. Initially, you will be expected to gain experience in your field, develop product/service knowledge, and build your reputation in technical sales and business development. To advance, you must produce results - through sales and by breaking into new markets. You should be willing to travel regularly within UK, Ireland and abroad. You'll also be expected to continually enhance your expertise through relevant training courses.
Figures are a guideline only.
- Typical basic salaries range between €50,000 - €65,000 per annum
- Basic salaries can be boosted through commission (around €30,000). The current commission scheme is uncapped, and it is not necessary to reach a certain threshold before any commission is paid.
- We also offer a company car and other incentives