Internal Auditor (Graduate)
GRADUATE - INTERNAL AUDITOR
We are recruiting for a recent Accounts or Business Graduate who is looking for a career in Internal Audit. This is a full time permanent position based in Co Louth with travel to sites throughout Ireland, UK & Europe. We can also consider applicants outside the Louth area.
To assist the Head of Internal Audit and Audit Manager on protecting assets of the Group by planning and completing financial audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls and recommending improvements.
- Plan financial audits by understanding organisation objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Assess compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluate manual and automated financial processes; identify process weaknesses, inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verify assets and liabilities through analysis, comparison of items to systems and all relevant supporting documentation.
- Prepare complete paperless Audit File which will include detailed Audit Working Papers, Notes to file and copies of all relevant supporting documentation.
- Ongoing communication of audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports to both the Head of Internal Audit and appropriate site management personnel.
- Strengthen controls by recommending changes in operational and management processes.
- Provide financial control information through the collection, analysis, and summarising of data, identifying trends and areas warranting further investigation.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organisation; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate for this role will be degree educated ideally in Accounting, Finance or Business related and will be already working towards or interested in becoming a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA,)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Integrity, professionalism and objectivity
- Must be comfortable with a high degree of travel throughout Ireland, UK and Europe.
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069
Send CV through attached link