Our client, a leader in the Agricultural & Retail sector is seeking to hire an Internal Auditor on a permanent basis in Sligo.
The role is offered as a hybrid.
Your new role:
As a newly qualified accountant you'll be joining their team as an internal auditor.
Your main responsibilities:
- Preparing an Annual Internal Audit Plan based on risk assessment including tasks, assignments and timelines for completion for each task and main activities, and reporting results of audit.
- Conduct internal audits and special reviews to provide assurance regarding the existence and effectiveness of financial, operational, and/or technology internal controls.
- Plan and execute audit assignments in accordance with accepted professional standards and prepare formal written reports to management summarising audit results and solutions to mitigate risk and improve operations.
- Design and execute audits to verify compliance with corporate policies.
- Provide recommendations to management for strengthening controls.
- Make recommendations to management regarding acceptable solutions to address issues or gaps identified.
- Plan and action follow-up to ensure adequate remediation of control issues identified.
- Assist management in developing plans and best practice.
- Within the business there are ongoing operational and system related projects.
Your skills and attributes:
- Qualified member of a recognised accountancy body.
- Interest in moving to an industry position
- Be comfortable interacting with senior management across the organisation.
- Have the capability to analyse sections of the business and decide on the type of audit necessary, and to recommend sensible and workable solutions.
- Have the ability to challenge established practices and policies.
- Confident and comfortable making presentations to senior and middle management.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion to add value and creative thinking are competencies that will enable success in this role.
- Full clean drivers licence and own transport required.
- Agricultural background or knowledge of the industry would be advantageous.
If you match the above skill requirement and are interested in having a chat - apply with your most recent CV to Lynn Kallides and let's get you on the road to the next step in your career.