Interim General Manager
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Interim General Manager for a Mart business in Galway. This is a 6 month contract role
Interim General Manager Job Purpose: Maintain and optimise profitability contribution by managing staff, managing relationships with all stakeholders, establishing and accomplishing business objectives as set out by the board of directors. The Manager will take full responsibility for the overall performance of the business, and deliver a financially sustainable return on investment.
- To increase management's effectiveness by orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and where necessary disciplining reporting staff;
- Communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountability's;
- Increase revenue for the business through the development and delivery of the current business plan
- Nurturing a climate for offering information and opinions;
- Providing training opportunities.
- Developing operational plan by studying technological and financial opportunities;
- Planning, monitoring, presenting assumptions and recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinating efforts by establishing procurement, operational efficiency, marketing, policies and practices; coordinating actions with regulatory agencies.
- Building image by collaborating with vendors, buyers government agencies, community organisations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Develop a marketing plan, including the operation and development of a website, social media and relevant promotional methods to ensure that the Mart continues to increase its offering and potential for stakeholder.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrates innovation in approach to identifying new business opportunities that will see business sustain and improve its competitiveness to grow in the future.
- Managing debtors/creditors to optimise cash flow.
- Ensure that all issues that arise between sellers and purchasers are resolved satisfactorily in a timely manner.
- Ensure the financial sustainability of business through effective business management of the core business and assets of the company for the shareholders
- Maintain a clear understanding of the financial performance of the business and take actions where necessary to address any fluctuations from target
- Take responsibility for managing the operations of the efficiently, effectively and to a high standard, and in compliance with relevant regulations
Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Operational Planning, Quality Management Relationship Management.
Livestock sales, Financial Planning, Management Accounting, Emerging trends in Agribusiness, Relationship management at Operative Senior Staff & Board Room Level, Supervisory Management, Livestock veterinary regulations/ Disease control, Customers Service
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John in confidence on 087 9955439
No direct canvassing to mart , any canvassing will lead to immediate elimination