Insurance Senior Auditor - Business Controls Officer
I am recruiting for a Insurance Senior Auditor - Business Controls Officer for a client based in South Dublin. The role will report directly to the Risk and Business Controls Manager.
It is a Hybrid work model. Travel is required.
- Co-ordinate and perform on-site risk and controls reviews of insurance activities at group intermediaries, group entities, claim handlers, and internally. Focus of such reviews will be effectiveness of controls and compliance with regulatory requirements and Company policies.
- Perform reviews of risk selection, pricing, underwriting, compliance, insurance premium tax, and policy data completeness and accuracy.
- Draft review findings, including recommendations on mitigating management actions and control improvements necessary to ensure risks are adequately managed and comply with best practice, in accordance with the Company's Risk Management System.
- Provide central support on insurance related risk matters to local managers
- Perform ad-hoc desk reviews and/or on-site reviews, on insurance related controls to meet the needs of the business and/or following external recommendations.
- Monitor the progress and closure of review open actions, maintaining constant contact with group entities and other departments and report the status of open actions periodically to the Risk and Business Controls Manager.
- Undertake such other Risk function tasks as allocated from time to time.
- Demonstrated audit or control testing experience (external audit or internal audit), preferably in the insurance industry.
- Ability to work across multiple areas demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse various sets of data and perform risk-based interpretations and selections for the purpose of the reviews.
- Experience of cross-border financial services or compliance would be well regarded.
- Professional qualification in the area of audit would be preferable, but not essential. High level of commercial and financial awareness.
- Willing to challenge established policies and procedures at all levels within the Company.
- Keen analytic mindset with a capability to analyse information and recommend sensible and workable solutions.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.