Infrastructure Engineer- Waterford
The Infrastructure Engineer will provide support to a very large number of computing devices and users within our client's facility.
- Will be required to provide out of hours support on a Rota basis to the Plant for critical areas - Minimizing Downtime.
- Expert in enterprise systems and software such as SCCM, GPO, AD, DNS, DHCP, Bitlocker etc
- Proficiency in system admin scripting
- Capable of design, configure and support of computer Infrastructure including Network, SAN, NAS, Servers, PCs, Laptops, Centralized Print System and general hardware
- In-depth knowledge of windows patching and WSUS
- In-depth knowledge of backup systems such as Data Protector and Veeam
- Responsibility for Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Responsibility for VMWare solution - configuration & support.
- Responsibility for various Infrastructure projects.
- Responsibility for Computer & Comms rooms - fiber, cabling, power, cooling & general facilities
- Good understanding of cisco switches and access points
- Installation and support of various software applications.
- Liaise with vendors on technical projects, installations and error resolution
- Knowledge of enterprise systems such as Office365, desktop backups, web proxy, firewall
- In-depth knowledge of mobile devices such as phones and tablets
- In-depth knowledge of server storage solutions
- Third level Qualification in Computer Science or similar
- Professional Project Management Certified is preferred.
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in regulated manufacturing environment advantageous
- Familiarity with administering oracle databases is desirable
Storage, sys admin scripting, switches, devices, vmware, enterprise systems
To learn more about this Infrastructure Engineer role, please apply today by clicking the apply button!