We are currently recruiting for an Industrial Engineer to join our client on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, and based out of the South East Ireland site, the Industrial Engineer will be responsible for implementing strategic change initiatives to our production processes; determining and applying the most efficient and cost-effective methods for industrial production and eliminating non-value adding processes.
The incumbent will be responsible for designing efficient systems that integrate employees, information, machines and material in the overall production processes and will coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs, while ensuring efficiencies, quality and safety standards are upheld.
Detailed accountabilities will include:
- Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing techniques and support justification for alternate methods to reduce costs;
- Study operations sequence, material flow and liaise with production & engineering to determine worker functions and responsibilities;
- Develop manufacturing methods, labour utilisation standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilisation;
- Lead the estimation of production cost for bids and product design changes;
- Practice DMAIC principles to resolve production problems, maximise product reliability and minimise cost of non-quality;
- Review processes from end to end and complete Value Stream Mapping to identify waste and improvements; and
- Establish and lead a culture of continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will be willing to get involved in wider company initiatives, to help achieve Corporate strategy and will, ideally, have:
- Degree-level qualification in Engineering or Manufacturing Management;
- Proven working knowledge of implementing continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. SPC, Lean, Business Process Improvement);
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing processes, particularly high-volume assembly in a continuous production line; and
- Strong analytical skills, detail-orientated, with excellent communication skills.
Experience in a highly-regulated manufacturing production environment and/or lean manufacturing experience in a high-volume production environment would be considered advantageous.
A high commitment to safety is essential.
What you'll get:
You will be remunerated with an attractive salary and you will be part of a focused team who work together and support one another with their workloads. The atmosphere is friendly and all employees are supported by peers and managers.
Please call Leo Cordingley on 086 049 5443 for further information on this role, or for a confidential discussion on potential job opportunities. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lcordingley/
Other positions you might have searched for include: CI Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Lean Engineer, Lean Specialist, Jobs in Carlow, Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny, Wicklow