Image Processing R&D Engineer
I'm currently recruiting an Image Processing R&D Engineer for Galway. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an innovative environment, with cutting-edge technology and a great benefits package. If you are experienced with image processing, embedded devices, machine learning, this may be the role for you!
Our Galway office in Ireland is now looking to recruit an Image Processing R&D Engineer to join our team.
* Research and develop next-generation image, video processing and AR/VR-related algorithms for embedded platforms such as XR (AR/VR/MR) devices and mobile phones.
* Proactively identify technical solutions and risks for project deliverables
* Responsible for bringing the project from concept to C / Hardware implementation
* Work closely with engineering and QA team and assist in the development of any testing frameworks or data capture necessary for the evaluation of new or existing technologies
* BSc degree with 5 years relevant experience
* Direct experience in designing image and video processing algorithms for embedded devices including image processing, analysis and understanding
* Direct experience in designing and training machine learning-based algorithms for embedded devices.
* Proven expertise in area of computer vision: object detection, pattern recognition and classification, statistical analysis.
* Proficient with
* Proficient with Machine Learning tools such as Caffe, Tensorlfow or Pytorch.
* Motivated and creative person, dynamic, creative thinker and problem solver
* Good leadership skills, team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
* Exposure to Bayesian statistics.
* Knowledge of optics, and image quality evaluation
* Master or PhD diploma in a related field