We have an opportunity for a skilled human resources specialist who is passionate about recruiting, supporting and developing talent in a fast paced, busy and ever changing environment.
You will be responsible and reliable, and willing to regularly contribute to making the company a better place to work. You will be highly efficient, organised and approachable with a solid knowledge of various HR functions and administrative responsibilities.
Reporting to the HR Director, the HR specialist will support the delivery of operational human resource activities, HR administration as well as assist in some strategic initiatives.
Human Resources Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all HR department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Recruitment; Assist General Manager's in Dublin with recruitment for their plants. This will mean assessing recruitment needs, sourcing candidates, interviewing, selecting, organising medical questionnaires or assessments, seeking references, obtaining correct work permits, drawing up contracts, monitoring probationary periods. Conduct exit interviews with all leavers and report on findings, analyse and make recommendations.
- Training; Manage and ensure all training is completed and up to date i.e. Manual handling, Induction, safety training. This means assessing training needs, deciding on training method, organisation and delivery of training, recording of training and evaluation of training. When you identify training that is required, this must be agreed with Plant Managers. All training must comply with ISO guidelines and you will be required to prepare for ISO training audits.
- Industrial Relations; Composure and confidentiality required to handle disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Liaise with union shop stewards regarding local issues.
- Deal with employee issues promptly and effectively before issues escalate.
- Employee relations; Time & attendance management
- Formulate new HR policies and review policies from time to time
- Counsel and mentor management and employees on performance and employee relations related matters.
- Performance reviews: Participate in performance evaluation processes
- Administrative duties: prepare monthly HR report, update organisational charts, Maintain and upkeep employment contracts for existing employees.
- Compensation and benefits; Pension and VHI scheme administration, Annual leave balances updated, Anniversaries.
- Compliance with all policies and legal requirements
- Deal with day to day general HR queries and administration from employees and managers and respond effectively and efficiently.
- Support and occasionally manage any other HR projects/programs as needed by the business. This could be employee engagement, well being, employer branding, performance
- Assist in maintenance of compliance, in all areas of company policy, with local employment legislation through continuous review of current legislation.
- Build strong partnerships with employees and managers in Dublin, Cork and NI.
- Keep abreast of current HR legislation and practices.
- Assist the HR Director with group projects i.e. employee survey etc
Human Resources Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources preferred. A degree in business or a related field may also be considered.
- Successful work experience as a Human Resources Specialist, officer, administrator or other HR position
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development)
- Commitment to staying current on the understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proven ability to work independently on multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills