HR Manager - Co. Louth
Permanent full time
This role will be based onsite 3-4 days per week with some flexible working offered.
My client is seeking a HR Manager to oversee all HR activities onsite and be responsible for the timely delivery of both internal and external strategic projects. The HR Manager provides strategic HR and tactical support to the Manufacturing site and will be responsible for a team of 2.
The successful candidate will have exceptional strategic HR experience as well as an in depth working knowledge of union negotiations / management.
- Partnering with the Leadership Team to ensure effective execution of all primary annual HR processes for the business.
- Leading on all negotiations with multiple unions locally.
- Identifying organizational needs and lead local efforts to ensure effective definition, deployment and training around all site-specific and HR practices, which incorporates clear accountability for HR, Leadership Team members, People Managers, and other Support Associates. Effectively analyzing and using data from leading indicating to anticipate and address of potential areas of concern.
- Work with managers to design and evaluate effective headcount planning models. Managing change as needed.
- Coach managers and supervisors at all levels, providing timely and constructive feedback to help them improve their leadership effectiveness.
- Look for trends and root causes as opportunities to improve organizational/team and associate satisfaction.
- Identify retention issues and recommends creative solutions to address them.
- Assist leadership to create work environments & reward systems that keep the associates stimulated and the team and organization productive.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to effectively & efficiently identify and fill vacancies with high caliber associates.
- Leading constructive and thoughtful calibration sessions on both associates performance and potential.
- Partnering with managers to ensure they have access to consultation on effective documentation practices for all levels of performance, ensuring consistency in criteria.
- Serving as the sites Equal Opportunity Employment leader, assuring compliance with all requirements and implementation of the I&D goals, assuring Leadership is aware of areas of under utilization and goals for the fiscal year and drives I&D agenda.
- Partnering with outside Legal Counsel, to ensure assure all policies and practices are written fairly and are compliant with all legal requirements, and ensuring compliance with company and government requirements.
- Lead training programs to ensure they are conducted when required, i.e. Sexual Harassment, Performance Management Training, Diversity Awareness, etc.
- In conjunction with people leaders, ensure adherence to harmonized policies and development/implementation of local policy, as needed.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the team and interpersonal dynamics, using your ability to model and manipulate data to build an understanding and then communicate findings to the Leadership Team in a coherent manner.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- The successful applicant will have a BA/BS Degree (Major: Business, HR Management or related field) with the CIPD qualification as desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years within the HR field working at leadership level and will have extensive union negotiation experience.
- You will ideally have worked within a multinational Manufacturing organisation with experience to include project and process leadership responsibility.
- Previous team management is preferred.
- A strong critical thinker
- Excellent problem-solving, evaluation / diagnosis skills
- Systems experience with Workday and TMS are highly desirable