On behalf of our client, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager with proven ability to manage within a healthcare environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager who is looking for a new challenge. The HR Manager is operationally responsible for the Human Resource service reporting directly to the Head of HR. You will work hand in hand with Service Managers and the Heads of Department across the service in guiding and providing leadership. You will be responsible for managing an array of business-critical HR activities and designing and implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Develop the HR strategy
- Lead change management within the organisation effectively to deliver the desired outcomes.
- To identify the core roles, responsibilities, competencies as well as training and developmental needs for management and staff across the organisation.
- Ensure the development of an appropriate and effective performance management programme to deliver high performance working teams at national, regional and local level.
- Ensure the provision of effective HR processes, systems, teams, policies and procedures to meet the future needs of the organisation.
- To develop and implement effective ER/IR strategies and programmes fostering positive staff engagement.
- Ensure consistency in the implementation of and compliance with HR policies and procedures across the organisation.
- Develop an effective recruitment, staff retention and succession planning programme to meet the future needs of the organisation.
- To deliver change through partnership with the various internal and external stakeholders.
- To lead on aspects of the development and implementation of strategies to improve efficiencies throughout the organization through greater use of technology.
- The HR Manager will have overall responsibility for talent acquisition
- Ensure the development of fully compliant Health & Safety and data protection (GDPR) programmes across the organisation whilst fulfilling the role of Data Protection Officer.
Regulatory compliance - To coordinate the development and implantation, in consultation with the key stakeholders, national policies and guidelines in relation to HRM ensuring that they are fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements and codes of practice/conduct.
Workforce Planning and Recruitment - to ensure the recruitment and development of high-calibre staff
Liaise with the relevant Trade unions, and other appropriate bodies on matters which impact on the national organisation.
Change Management - to drive and support change within the organisation at all levels by actively collaborating with key change drivers at national and local level empowering them to drive change, share learning and encourage collaboration across the organisation
Develop and implement effective Employee Relations/Industrial Relations strategies and programmes fostering positive staff engagement.
Representational and Leadership role - to promote and support an organisational culture that supports high quality standards and high commitment as well as continuous self-reflection and self-development, including continued professional development.
Performance Management, Staff Development, Support and Team Building - to manage the performance and accountability relationships within the organization, in conjunction with the Senior Management Team.
Develop an overall talent management strategy, including performance management and development, workforce planning, training and development, succession planning and the recruitment and selection process.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- A third level qualification in Human Resources (Essential).
- Experience working within the Healthcare sector (Essential).
- A minimum of 5 years consecutive experience in a senior HR role, within the last 5 years (Essential).
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a leadership role (Essential)
- A thorough knowledge of current Irish and EU legislation relating to Employment Law. (Essential)
- Knowledge of ER/IR investigation experience (Essential).
- Positive experience of negotiating with Unions and Staff and engaging with WRC and similar bodies (Essential)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of safeguarding requirements including Trust in Care (TIC) investigations (Essential)
- An appropriate level of expertise in Irish and EU data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
Salary - Grade 7 Payscale and commensurate with experience
40 hour working week
Kildare based role