HR Generalist / HR Manager
Permanent full time
Exciting opportunity to join a food production company based in Monaghan. As the HR representative of the business, you will have full outsourced support from a HR solutions provider.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain a wide range of practical HR and related experience in a fast paced, positive and varied agri-produce environment.
- Recruitment & Selection of employees; induction training and onboarding of new starters (incl. help with accommodation, bank and PPSN applications)
- Act as employee liaison for employee queries or issues
- Investigations, disciplinaries, grievances, welfare meetings. We use Peninsula Business Services as HR Advisors, so relaying of accurate information to them is vital.
- Applying for Employment Permit staff, Renewal of Work permits, management of agency staff etc.
- Company performance management programmes, including performance monitoring, meetings and probationary reviews
- Company Training & Development initiatives
- Be a primary point of contact for Site Managers and Supervisors
- Maintenance of the Company HR systems including employee details, absence information, recruitment details etc.
- Maintenance of records and documentation for ethical inspections.
- Collate and track data on employee holidays, absenteeism and employee turnover
- Assist managers in the management of absenteeism, including Return to Work
- Accurately process leavers, transfers, variations and change of details and communicate relevant information with payroll
- Provide administrative support to the individual sites, Technical Team, Company Health and Safety Team and Operations Team.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in an administrative role within a busy (ideally agri-food) environment, providing support within a HR function is highly desirable but not essential
- Flexible and hands-on as the role is not solely office-based.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Team orientated
- Experience working in a multi-nationality team would be an advantage
- Detail oriented and highly organised with the ability to work to deadlines
- Have good IT & data management skills
- Be results driven & systems orientated
- Willingness to travel to other sites to support the business
- Valid driving licence and access to a car