HR Generalist - Galway
Permanent full time
Supported by the HR Manager and the Director of Outsourcing, this position will, in strategic partnership with the business, assist with the implementation of HR activities in a specific division of the company, managing the activities of the Employee Life Cycle.
Developing effective onsite relationships with our employees and our clients through regular site visits is also a critical element.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To routinely visit our external employees in order to maintain the best relationship possible.
- Ensure management are aware of all situations and making recommendations for corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Act as an employee advocate to ensure fairness and due diligence is adhered to in line with company values.
- Pre-empts potential employee issues by participating in management and employee meetings on a regular basis.
- Promote employee well-being so that employees remain, engaged, productive & effective.
- Support Management on Performance Management Process.
- Assist in the development of and contribute to the communications strategy, improvement initiatives to teams and employee engagement programmes.
- Liaising with senior management, manage performance and disciplinary issues through the proper processes, ensuring fair and balanced outcomes.
Learning & Development;
- Actively participate with the team in developing our external employees with regard to talent development.
- Assist in the identification of development and training needs and support the delivery of development programmes, particularly through the project management, delivery, and evaluation of targeted workshops.
- It may include sourcing and continuous review of providers to ensure the highest quality of learning is provided while strictly working within the budget.
- Lead the construction and support managers in the execution of the annual training needs gap analysis plan for the organisation.
- Lead employee well-being programs and initiatives ensuring an engaged workforce.
- Record metrics and analyse employee survey data, devise action plans with management and ensure follow through to achieve desired outcomes.
Education & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or business related discipline.
- At least 2 years of HR Generalist experience communicating and implementing HR programs, policies, practices, processes and analytics in a regulated fast-paced environment.
- Experience communicating and influencing with management at all levels and a technically focused work force.
- Experience influencing business leaders with sound recommendations for improvement or change.
- Effective Communicator both written and orally, with a proven ability to deliver professional presentations. The accuracy of data maintenance, data analysis, data communication and presentation is essential.
- Ability to establish effective relationships at all levels essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced matrix organisation essential.
- High level of influencing skills required utilising problem-solving, critical thinking skills and methodologies to garner support.
- High level of personal motivation & initiative required working at times without all the desired information or direction.
- Results focused and time management skills essential
- Proactive knowledge sharing essential.
- Proven track record of working with integrity, fairness & being right-minded essential.
- Whilst the role will involve travel to client's sites, it is envisaged that the person will be based in Galway or within a commutable distance.