- Responding to and resolving informal complaints/resident dissatisfaction on service delivery issues on the estate
- Instigating enforcement action in respect of breaches of tenancy conditions, representing the Association in legal proceedings e.g. RTB adjudications and tribunals.
- Producing reports as required on housing management for all schemes in your allocated estates.
- Supporting community activities in designated estates.
- Address cases of Anti-Social behaviour early and ensure that any tenant disputes with North & East are managed in a pro-active manner; prepare case files for any tenant dispute that requires legal action and keep manager informed at all times
- Monitoring rent arrears through engaging with tenants at the earliest opportunity in the arrears process to avoid escalation of debt and legal proceedings.
- Managing service charges and sundry debt arrears to prescribed objectives.
- Providing residents in need with advice and support to sustain tenancies
- Preparing cases/ advising solicitors for court and representing the Association
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the local authority housing team in your areas, informing them of vacancies and liaising with them on allocations.
- Assessing and interviewing prospective tenants for vacancies and producing associated reports.
- Carry out Pre-Tenancy Training with all new tenants.
- Coordinate the moving in of all new tenants in conjunction with development, property & finance teams.
- Letting and allocating properties and managing void times as per the Associations Allocations & Relet Policy
- Utilising the housing management computer system to up-to-date and administer all relevant housing management files
- Monitoring the performance of approved maintenance contractors through tenant satisfaction reports and carrying out some pre-and post- inspections of responsive repair works orders
- Liaising with Property Services and the Tenant Support Desk on repairs and works orders as appropriate, arising from estate visits or resident contact.
Ad Hoc Duties
- Participate in training and business development plans with management, as required.
- Perform tasks related to the day to day running of an effective service including; carrying out health & safety duties, administrative & financial procedures in accordance with policies.
- Carry out any other duties as may from time to time be directed by your line manager.
- Promote and comply with all regulatory requirements including RTB legislation, GDPR legislation and the Housing Regulator.
Job Specification (the minimum qualifications needed to perform the essential functions of the job such as education, experience).
- Minimum of 3 years' previous practical experience in housing and/or social care area.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Person-Centred Approach Ø Full driving licence.
- PC literate and competent in using Word Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Housing Management software is an advantage
- Property or Professional Housing Management Qualification e.g. PRSA Licence
- Experience in customer care driven roles
- Experience in driving digital projects and use of social media platforms for engagement Ø Understanding of repairs and maintenance requirements and processes.