Hotel Finance Manager
My client, a group of unique and individual hotels in key city and resort locations throughout Ireland, is looking for a Finance Manager to join their team in Galway on a permanent basis.
The Finance Manager functions as the property's Financial Business Leader.
You will be reporting to the General Manager and will develop and implement hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services. You will create and execute a financial business plan that is aligned with the hotel's business goals with a primary focus on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of financial results.
General Work overview
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Finance office.
- Have responsibility for accurate accounting records and provide financial reports for the Hotel.
- Weekly and monthly forecasting/budgeting.
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and consistent with the financial accounts and that P&L/Balance sheets reconcile to the trial balance.
- Production of monthly Profit & Loss accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Audit and control.
- Manage working capital, cash flow, capital, and overall expenses to obtain highest value.
In order to be successful, you will have the following:
- At least 2 - 3 years' experience as a similar role, industry experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to provide the senior management team with strategic and financial guidance that will ensure the hotel's financial targets are met.
- Expert level attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent finance, accounting, and analytical skills, including experience with cash management, forecasting, revenue management strategies, capital expenditure planning and budgeting, and project management
- Knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment, Microsoft Office, accounts packages. Previous experience with hotel systems including Opera and Micros is beneficial but not vital.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures with strong internal control awareness
- Ability to control costs and payroll in line with budgets/ revenues.
- Management of the weekly and monthly payroll
- Identify risk exposure and effectively manage financial risk