Pharmacist required for a hospital in Co. Kildare - it's a stand-alone Pharmacist role reporting to the GM but professionally accountable to the Director of Pharmacy.
Ideally, this role would be part-time, maybe 3 days per week or even x 5 short days, school hours. Also, open to a full-time position, if someone has clinical pharmacy experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a clinical pharmacy service; be an active member of the multidisciplinary team; provide drug information to medical, nursing and healthcare professionals and patients, carry out prescription review, patient education, and documentation of clinical interventions.
- Participate in the development and expansion of Clinical Pharmacy Services.
- Participate in the medication safety programme, including the monitoring, reporting and investigation of adverse drug reactions, medication incidents and errors.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure that patient care is central to all activities of the department of Pharmacy.
- Ensure best pharmaceutical practice, having regard to legal and ethical requirements for the provision of the pharmacy service.
- Work collaboratively with other Pharmacy Department staff to deliver and develop clinical pharmacy services to achieve stated goals and objectives in ensuring safe and effective care.
- Assist in managing the efficient running of the dispensary.
- Participate in/ supervise the operation of the dispensary, and the procurement, storage and supply of pharmaceuticals and other related items.
- Ensure accurate records relating to the procurement, storage, compounding, quality control, dispensing, distribution, and destruction of medical products are maintained in accordance with best practice standards and applicable legislation.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- A degree in Pharmacy from a recognised institution.
- Desirable to hold a further qualification in Clinical Pharmacy - Diploma or Masters Level.
- Be a registered Pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI).
- 3 years of relevant hospital experience as a Pharmacist.
- Excellent communication and influence skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- An ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant.
For more information, please call Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Basic Grade Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Hospital, Kildare