Hospital Pharmacist - Galway
- To carry out a clinical review of medication orders prescribed in the hospital and dispense medications to inpatients and outpatients in line with the hospital medication policies.
- To provide clinical medication advice to patients and healthcare professionals.
- To participate in the teaching and training (including in-service training) of students and staff as may be required.
- To advise medical staff on pharmaceutical issues as may arise within the Service.
- To participate on appropriate committees if required.
- To ensure that the needs of service users and professional staff are being adequately met by the pharmaceutical service provided.
- Maintaining good working relationships with colleagues within the Service.
- Maintaining a high standard of work performance, appearance, attendance and punctuality at all times.
- Ensuring the highest standards of confidentiality are maintained at all times in relation to areas of work.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Participation in weekend rota
- To participate, if required, in the chemotherapy service provided by the pharmacy department to oncology patients, including the compounding of chemotherapy, clinical checking of chemotherapy prescriptions, dispensing of chemotherapy, stock counting, billing and any other duties that may be required in the pharmacy chemotherapy compounding unit.
- BSc (Pharm)/ M Pharm & registration with the PSI
- Minimum 2 years experience ideally in a hospital setting
- Have proven Clinical, Leadership, Managerial & Customer Care skills
- Ability to work comfortably in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Flexibility in work practices
For more information, please apply today or contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856