Horticulturist/Retail Assistant (Garden Centre) - Co. Wicklow
Seeking a highly motivated horticulturist who is passionate about horticulture, sales, and customer service to join the team. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The selected candidate will not only work on the maintenance and ordering of plants but also work directly with the public aiding with questions surrounding concepts such as fertilizing, pests and diseases to name a few.
- Available to work 5 days a week (Monday - Sunday).
- A background in Horticulture and Retail spaces
- Knowledge and understanding of the establishment and maintenance of plants, pruning, fertilizing, pests, and diseases * Ability to use a variety of horticulture tools and equipment
- Horticultural qualification beneficial but not a requirement.
- Must have passion, initiative, responsibility, and pride in what you do.
- Daily Tasks will include maintenance of flora to ensure a high-quality product and customer satisfaction
- Acting as an expert in the field of horticulture, to allow customers to ask questions
- Re-merchandising and moving of products around the store (this can be strenuous at times due to large garden furniture etc. so we would hope that the candidate would be appropriately equipped to deal with this)
- Participate in the processing of new stock shipments
- Assist in the timely and accurate completion of weekly tasks (i.e. markdowns, stock taking and facing off)
- Exhibit awareness of loss prevention guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Deliver a positive, friendly experience by engaging the customer through conversation and service
- Provide a customer experience that reflects the companies' high standards and ethos.
- Contribute to the stores' positive atmosphere by being respectful and helpful to others.
- Uphold Company standards
- Comply with all inventory control measures
- Always adhere to company health & safety regulations
Teamwork & Communication:
- Work productively within the team and take initiative to work with others toward a common, collaborative goal
- Assist in the training and development of peers
- Communicate positively and effectively with peers
- Actively participate in daily and department meetings
Merchandising and Display:
- Ensure appealing flora displays to entice customers.
- Ensure the replenishment of products to ensure the full complement of the product range is available for customers.
- Support sales by assisting in merchandising and display projects
- Exhibit familiarity with current product and trend awareness
(Must have a valid Irish work permit)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Retail Assistant, Garden Centre Assistant, Horticulturalist, Sales Assistant, Wicklow
For more information, please apply today in the strictest confidence or call Brian Mahon on 086 7773856