Title: Horticultural Contracted Trainers
Type of employment: Contracted training / freelance (long term contracts)
Locations: Kildare and Wicklow (multiple contracts)
Horticultural Tutors required for delivery of courses to small groups of job seekers.
- To deliver Horticultural training, QQI or other accredited programme modules, as set out in the Tutor Handbook.
- To ensure high quality assessment and administrative records are delivered as per requirements;
- To cater for trainees with diverse needs and support learners at their level of understanding and capability.
- To communicate effectively with learners and contracted training co-ordinator on a frequent and ongoing basis;
- Reporting of course / learner issues to the training coordinator within a timely manner.
- Returning of relevant attendance to the training coordinator.
- If requested, carrying out work placement visits with employers as per agreed schedule, and ensuring a strong relationship between FRS and the host companies.
- Ensure that learner portfolio work is completed in a scheduled and timely fashion and that the work is secure at all times.
- Reports completed and returned as required.
- Applicants must have a minimum of four years proven training experience in the discipline for which they are applying.
- Applicants must have a recognized training qualification. Applicants must have completed their qualification at least two calendar year prior to the application.
- Applicants must be in possession of a third level qualification in Horticulture or a closely related discipline.
- Applicants must have a proven track record of delivering QQI programmes.
- Applicants must have a proven track record of tutoring challenging groups of mixed ability.
- Proven ability to complete projects and mandatory administration on time.
- Excellent administration skills including MS Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.