Our client based in Co: Cavan is seeking a highly skilled and experienced HGV Mechanic to join their team. As an HGV Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing maintenance, servicing, diagnostics, and repairs on a fleet of trucks and trailers. You will work closely with the transport team to ensure the vehicles are in optimal condition for planned collections and comply with health, safety, and environmental guidelines.
- Perform planned maintenance, servicing, and repairs on a fleet of trucks and trailers, including CVRT preparation.
- Conduct examinations and respond to daily checks reported by drivers to identify and repair non-routine defects, adhering to the brand's technical standards.
- Coordinate with the transport team to provide updates on progress and ensure vehicles are available for planned collections.
- Comply with health, safety, and environmental legislation in accordance with company, RSA, and other governing bodies' guidelines.
- Provide technical advice and support to other technicians and apprentices.
- Fully cooperate with the company's provisions for ensuring the health, safety, and welfare of co-employees and the public.
- Formal qualification such as a National Craft Certificate or City and Guilds Level 3 in vehicle repairs or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years' post-apprenticeship experience.
- Experience working in the HGV Mechanic sector is highly advantageous.
- Highly organised, driven, and possesses excellent time management skills with a logical approach to prioritise workload and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the English language and eligible to work in Ireland.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your updated CV to Eimar Galvin at [email protected]. For a confidential discussion about the role, you can also contact Eimar Galvin directly at 086 185 2313.
Please note that due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered.
By applying, you consent to FRS Recruitment contacting you regarding this job opportunity. All applicant data collected will be used solely for recruitment purposes and will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your CV will not be submitted to any clients without your explicit knowledge and consent.