Health & Safety Officer
Are you a junior EHS professional with a passion for H & S looking for your next opportunity on the southside?
Are you proficient in the use of MS Office and have strong problem-solving skills?
If so this is the EHS job that you have been waiting for!
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
My client, a leading Distribution Specialist based in South Dublin are currently recruiting for an EHS Officer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior EHS professional who is looking to grow on their career in a prominent Logistics Company with good benefits and the chance to grow your experience and kickstart your career.
YOUR NEW EHS JOB:
Reporting to the QHSE Manager as EHS Officer your main remit will be to maintain the Safety and Environment Management systems within the company to meet legal and customer requirements.
Day to day some of your key duties will include
- Providing EHS induction training for all staff.
- Carry out Risk assessments (Chemical, VDU, etc) on all sites.
Maintenance of Safety Statements across all sites.
- Carry out various audits/inspections required under the Active Monitoring program.
- Investigate accidents, as required.
- Ensure Near misses and Spill reports are completed.
- Organise Health and safety training for all sites (manual training, forklift-driving, first aid, etc.).
- Attend Weekly EHS Performance meetings.
- Carry out various tasks associated with one of the sites being an Upper Tier COMAH site.
- Preparing EHS performance reports as required.
- Management of Waste Collection Permits.
- Stay up to date with all current company and HSE Covid-19 guidelines
- Point of contact for Covid-19 queries
- Filing of reports and administration tasks
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
You will have a minimum of a Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety and previous environment, health and safety experience in a similar role is required however, support and training will also be given.
Due to the collaborative and cross functional nature of the job you will need excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
My client is also looking for someone who is a self-starter with excellent presentation & organisational skills along with strong attention to detail
You will need to be a car owner as my clients location is not served by public transport and this role will be primarily based in my clients facility on Dublin southside but there will be very occasional travel involved to their sites in Limerick & Cork when needs be.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
This EHS Officer job will pay a competitive salary of €30k-€35k doe along with pension after 2 years, life assurance and 10% discounted healthcare.
There will be lots of scope to develop your career in EHS and you'll be getting the chance to work in a lovely organisation with a real 'family feel' to it that have been in operation for over 50 years.
My client is rightly proud of the very strong EHS culture and ethos that already strongly embedded in the company so you'll be joining a organisation where H & S is already uppermost on everyone's agenda.
Sound like your cup of tea?
Then don't delay and apply today.