Health & Safety Officer
**Public Sector Role**
In partnership with the HSE I am currently recruiting for Health & Safety Officer in Galway. This role starts immediately and is for 4-6 months. There is the potential of a perm role for the right candidate.
Promote a positive safety and health culture in the CHO and assist management and duty holders in securing the effective implementation of the safety and health policy.
- Coordinate the development of plans for areas of responsibility that contribute to achieving objectives set out in the Service Plan.
- Support management and duty holders in ensuring a proactive and systematic approach to managing health and safety.
- Issue recommendations on control measures to reduce adverse effects on the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, service users and members of the public.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards and the Mental Health Commission standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
Candidates must have at the latest date of application: -
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience in an Occupational Health and Safety Officer / Advisor role.
- Candidates must possess the requisite knowledge and ability, including a high standard of suitability and management ability, for the proper discharge of the office.