Health & Safety Officer
Health & Safety Officer
Job Reference: 00149
Role Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Padraig Murphy - Financial Controller
ABOUT TURAS NUA
Turas Nua brings together a wealth of experience to help transform the lives of individuals in Ireland through the governments JobPath programme. Turas Nua understand that finding and keeping the right people is vital to the success of any business and this is an exciting opportunity to join a new organisation that aims to make a difference to society by offering tailored support, training and guidance to long term unemployed people.
We are looking for passionate people to join our team on this journey.
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB
To lead on all matters relating to Health and Safety in order to promote an improved Health and Safety culture within the organisation. To ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to maintain a safe working environment and to carry out reviews and audits contributing to the ongoing efficiency and continuous improvement of Turas Nua and its network of offices.
Location Details: You can be based in any of our Turas Nua office locations around the Republic of Ireland, but you must be open to extensive travel to all our locations throughout the Republic. We are open to a blended working approach.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Management of Health and Safety throughout the organisation.
- Maintaining a robust Health and Safety Management system, including resourcing, reviewing and updating policies and procedures, and associated documentation annually.
- Communicating responsibilities for H&S to everyone, encouraging everyone to identify potential hazards and areas for improvement.
- Ensuring that all Turas Nua Premises are compliant under the Safety, Health and Welfare Act 2005 and all other relevant health and safety legislation.
- Completing a programme of audits/site inspections with recommendations for improvement and action plans to support the Safety Management System
- Managing a Fire Risk Assessment Schedule with external fire assessors to maintain compliance.
- Working with the L & D Team to supply appropriate health and safety training programmes to enable all Turas Nua people to carry out their H&S responsibilities effectively. To include Fire Warden and First Aid Training, Personal Safety etc. Reviewing annually to ensure that all training continues to be appropriate.
- Providing health & safety support to the facilities coordinator within the business.
- Providing an accident and incident reporting system to facilitate the monitoring of risk throughout the business. Following up reports and investigating incidents and accidents where necessary.
- Working with the L&D Team to provide additional training for Personal Advisers, i.e. Safeguarding, Mental Health Awareness etc.
- Monthly reporting to Senior Management Team on all of the above.
- Monthly review of the Health and Safety Risk Register in conjunction with the Compliance Team.
- Provision and administration of a system for Display Screen Equipment training and risk assessment across the Turas Nua network of offices.
- Dealing with any emergencies that may arise which might have an impact on the health and safety of Turas Nua employees
- 2 - 4 years' experience in a similar role.
- Diploma in Health, Safety and Welfare at work.
- Membership of IOSH.
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Trained DSE Assessor (Essential).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to manage internal and external providers.
- Experience of dealing with multiple sites.
- Excellent presentation and administrative skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Available to travel extensively throughout Ireland.
- A full clean driving license and access to a car.