Health & Safety Manager
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
My client is a market leading design and manufacturing company and a leading supplier to the largest companies in the biopharma sector for over 35 years with a superb company culture!
Conveniently located within commuting distance from Cork, Tipperary, and parts of Limerick you will be working in a modern facility with uncapped career growth opportunities and where personal and professional development are fostered.
YOUR NEW EHS MANAGER JOB:
As EH&S Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring that my client's operations are conducted in compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations
You will interface closely with all level of the Manufacturing function on a global basis and work especially closely with the Quality Control and HR functions in order to assure a common understanding of company objectives, operational strategies, and cross-functional compliance at all levels of the organization.
You will also be responsible for the formal reporting of EH&S data to respective agencies such as HSA and similar international agencies for operations outside the USA.
Day to day some of the key elements in the EHS Manager job will include:
- Identify safety training needs and coordinate safety training programs.
- Assist in Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment activities.
- Develop/Update Job Safety Analyses/Risk Assessments as needed.
- Perform internal safety audits.
- Promote safety awareness through communication and specific training programs.
- Chair plants Safety Committee meetings and communicate best practices with other sites.
- Conduct effective EH&S related training for employees, contractors, and visitors
- Assist in the development and implementation of EH&S related policies, procedures, and programs to assure compliance with all federal, state, local and company-specific regulations & requirements.
- Review incident reports (accidents and near misses) and follow-up as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness of all information provided.
- Conduct EH&S related workplace inspections and participate in accident/incident investigations to identify root-cause and appropriate corrective actions.
- Maintain required detailed recordkeeping; report EH&S required data to Corporate Office
- Monitor and report on plant safety goals and objectives.
- Conduct quarterly waste-water reports, chemical audits and usage reports.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
Ideally you will have at least 5 year's experience at a management level in EH & S in production sites , preferably with direct responsibility for multi-site operations, both domestic, international and 2-3 year's experience in running a site safety program.
You will hold a Level 7 degree, ideally related to workplace safety, industrial engineering, or similar discipline and have practical knowledge of HSA (Ireland) & OSHA (USA) regulatory requirements.
You will be also be very comfortable managing the compiling, updating and analysis of all appropriate data to ensure EHS compliance with government regulations and company standards.
The EHS Manager role needs someone who is flexible, innovative and comfortable in setting your own priorities and able to communicate clearly to all levels of mgt.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a globally recognised Engineering company that works with some of the world's most highly regulated clients. The EHS Manager job pays a very competitive salary doe plus pension, educational assistance, life assurance, healthcare etc
Sound like the EHS Manager job that you've been waiting for. Then don't delay and apply today!