Health and Safety Specialist
Are you a strong Health & Safety Specialist with a 'backbone', strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence change?
Do you have at least 2/3 years post grad H & S experience within production/manufacturing environments and looking for your next role in the South Kildare, Carlow, Kilkenny or Laois areas?
Have you delivered H & S training to employees at different levels of a manufacturing organisation?
If so then this is the H & S Specialist job for you!
YOUR NEW COMPANY
My client is an established Irish company with three manufacturing facilities based in Kildare & Tipperary and part of a global group of companies that employ over 10,000 staff across over 100 sites globally with a turnover of €2.8Bn across 40 countries.
Currently recruiting for a H & S Specialist due to the current incumbent retiring this plant is commutable from South Kildare, Carlow, Kilkenny and Laois. The company manufactures products for the housing, industrial and agricultural sectors and are currently enjoying a very exciting period of growth in their business!
YOUR NEW JOB
Reporting to the H & S Manager as H & S Specialist some of the key elements of your job will include
- Periodically review risk assessments in all areas of the company
- Conduct new risk assessments & focus on new equipment/processes.
- Investigate and report on all adverse events as they occur.
- Conduct H&S audits and inspections as required including PPE audits.
- Complete occupant checks on fire and emergency equipment and installations.
- Provide H&S training & carry out site inductions for new employees and contractors.
- Complete permits to work and review contractor method statements and risk assessments prior to work commencement.
- Maintain health and safety performance records and update in a timely manner.
- Retain records of statutory inspections.
- Attend and facilitate Safety Committee meetings.
- Liaise with the relevant Group functions (EHS/HR), TMF functions, and external bodies e.g. NSAI
- Assess and advise on the relevant systems implications for new products/processes
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will hold a relevant Third level qualification in QEHS and have relevant experience in Manufacturing / Production environments
To hit the ground running in the Health & Safety Specialist job you will have the ability to manage H&S onsite using your own initiative within the scope of the company's Safety Standards.
You'll also be confident in managing risk and implementing control measures and have a collaborative mindset that will enable you to work with & build relationships with site personnel & contractors.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
A role of this nature is an opportunity to really put your mark on your career to develop not only yourself, but an entire site and comes with a great deal of autonomy.
Down the line this Health & Safety Specialist job offers loads of potential to progress your career either in Ireland or within the group at a European level and there is a very competitive salary of up to €45k+ doe & a very generous pension scheme, life assurance and Educational Assistance Programme.
Sound like your cup of tea?
Then don't delay and apply today!