Health and Safety Specialist
Our client a Midlands based medium sized indigenous Irish manufacturing company are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Specialist.
My client has experienced consistent year on year growth over the past 20 years and holds a strategic place in the marketplace due to the recyclable & environmentally friendly nature of its products.
This company has a very broad and diverse client base spanning many different sectors and has retained and developed its customer base due to the quality of the product and a very strong customer service ethos.
This job would be commutable from Offaly, South Galway, Tipperary & Westmeath and long term there is a great opportunity for the person coming into this role to develop their career and move into a H & S Manager role.
YOUR NEW HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST JOB!
As H & S Specialist you will drive the on-site safety strategy and day to day some of your key duties will include:
- Lead, manage, and facilitate the completion of machine hazard identification and risk assessments for the facility.
- Foster H&S culture improvement across the site
- Coordinate Risk Assessments and maintain a Risk register for the site.
- Carry out Accident and Incident Investigation and follow up on corrective actions.
- Follow up on Near Miss / Good Catch tracking and action plans, close out with all functions.
- Support the maintenance of EHS Standards, management systems.
- Conduct internal audits for EHS Management System compliance.
- Ensure that safety audits are carried out in conjunction with the Production Area Managers/Site and other relevant Managers in order to inspect and check plant, processes, procedures & practices.
- Facilitate external audits, follow up actions through to completion including sharing results, key learnings etc
- Develop annual training needs analysis related to company EHS Standards.
- Co-ordination (and hosting where applicable) of EHS training, competency assessments and environmental management training.
- Ensure all training and associated records comply with legal, regulatory and best practice requirements.
- Capture data and track monthly performance of Environmental Compliance, Sustainability and H&S KPIs.
WHAT IN IT FOR YOU.
There is a competitive salary available doe along with the opportunity to grow your own H & S team long term and develop into the site H S Manager so this is truly a career developing job!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will hold a relevant H & S qualification and ideally have 3 years + experience in a similar role within manufacturing.
You'll need to have the ability/experience to develop and implement a first class health and safety management system in manufacturing environments as well as delivering training to all levels of the organisation.
Personality wise you need to have strong communication & negotiation skills and have the ability to influence from operator up to senior mgt level in the organisation
Sound like your cup of tea? Then do not delay and apply today!