Health and Safety Specialist
Are you a qualified H & S Officer who enjoys interacting with mgt and driving H & S for your manufacturing site?
Do you have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to work with all levels of staff & stakeholders with the desire to take the next step in your career?
Are you a calm individual with a proven track record of both following up and closing out projects?
If so, this is the career advancing health & safety role that you have been
YOUR NEW COMPANY!
Leading Manufacturing Group based in the North West is looking for a Health & Safety Co-Ordinator to join their faced paced manufacturing site
My client has been in operation for many years and has experienced strong consistent year on year growth over the past 15 years.
YOUR NEW JOB!
Reporting to the Site Manager with a dotted line to the Group Lead your remit as Health &Safety Coordinator will primarily focus on developing H & S mgt systems on-site.
Working with the Site mgt team including the Site Manager, Production Managers, Ops Manager and Maintenance Manager this role requires an individual with a 'backbone', strong communication skills and the personality to put Health & Safety at the forefront of everyone's agenda onsite.
Day to day some of the key elements of this exciting H & S job include:
- Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders in relation to Health & Safety (H&S) activities
- Develop and implement all necessary H&S procedures and policies and ensure compliance with legislation, codes, standards, and industry best practice
- Facilitate site team in the execution of planned inspections, risk assessments, training needs analysis, PPE surveys and occupational health & hygiene surveys including work station ergonomic surveys
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are thoroughly recorded and investigated by Management to identify route causes and ensure that effective corrective actions are taken as required
- Work with external medical / occupational health resources to identify, control and provide information to employees on site occupational health hazards
- Establish a system for Contractor Management whereby Contractor Hosts are trained to request documentation from contractors, verify training records, provide induction training and issue and close out PTWs, ensuring contractors are always compliant to site rules
- Maintain records of all relevant H&S documentation, reports, files, forms, etc. using the companys software and a suitable, electronic filing system, such as SharePoint.
- Monitor and review site specific H&S KPIs
- Train or organise training for staff at all levels on H&S issues and responsibilities, including induction.
COVID 19 STRATEGY:
My client has implemented a very proactive plant strategy in relation to COVID 19 since March with both employee and customer safety being at the centre of their COVID 19 plans and policies
This risk mitigation strategy has included altering shifts their shifts around, staggered lunch breaks, the use of full PPE etc with only 3 positive cases last year out of a workforce of 600 staff which is a testament to the lengths the company has gone to protect their employees & customers.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU!
You will have a relevant qualification in Occupational Safety and Health with 3 years + experience in a similar role and a proven track record of driving H & S in production sites.
You will ideally come from a food production background or other highly regulated & quality focused manufacturing sector and experience working in a unionised environment would be highly beneficial.
WHAT IN IT FOR YOU!
There is a very competitive salary ranging from €40-€45k doe, pension & life assurance along with the opportunity to ultimately progress your career into a H & S Manager role with a well-established and stable manufacturing company in the North West.
Sound like your cup of tea?
Then don't delay and apply today as the deadline for applications is early next week,