Health and Safety Officer
Our client is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer to join the team!
The role will be based in Portlaoise with some travel involved to company sites in Dublin and Offaly
Role and Responsibilities;
- To form a critical part of the H&S function supplementing the H&S Manager in the full range of duties.
- The coordination and support for all activities relating to implementing safety initiatives, accident investigation, site walks, audits, liaising with site supervisors, managing CAPA logs in conjunction with sites, assisting sites on training needs, delivering budget targets for TRIR & RTIs
- Ensure delivery and completion of assigned projects,accident investigations and corrective actions.
- Support employees across the business in delivering all existing and new H&S programmes and initiatives.
- Review H&S processes, procedures and documentation ensuring that all documentation is maintained and updated accordingly.
- Carry out regular H&S checks and have a hands on approach to H&S within the business unit, promoting the importance of H&S at all times.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of Health & Safety requirements and activities for allocated sites.
- Responsible for developing a strong positive ethos for proactive H&S management with all employees and managers.
- Communicate any issues or potential risks/breaches to the Health & Safety Manager.
- Work proactively with Stakeholders such as the HAS, EPA.
- Implement action to improve all KPI performances within your area of responsibility.
- Carry out onsite H&S Inspections, reporting and follow-ups.
- Interpret and advise on the implementation of H&S Legislation.
- Develop & maintain H&S training records.
- Keep abreast of any relevant legislative changes and advise on changes to practices.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.