Health and Safety Officer
We are looking for a Health & Safety person to join our client's growing team, in a food production environment, in Co. Monaghan. This is an ideal opportunity for a confident individual with a positive 'can do attitude', and the drive to get the job done. FULL TIME PERMANENT, MON-FRI DAYS ONLY.
Do you want to join a leading reputable IRISH OWNED food production company?
Do you have a grá for Health and Safety?
* A qualification & experience in Health & Safety is desirable
* Proven ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and Senior Managers
* Problem solving skills & new ideas
* Excellent communication skills and professional demeanour
* Full proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite
* Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
* Working closely with the Site Safety Management Team
* Responsible for being up to date with new Health & Safety Legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of developments within our industry
* Building the Health & Safety Awareness throughout the site
* Conducting regular internal audits to check policies & procedures are being properly implemented, recording the results & submitting them to Management.
* Carrying out/updating risk assessments, formulating preventative measures and monitoring conformance
* Developing safe systems of work & maintaining risk trackers as required
* Attending & heading up weekly Safety briefings/huddles with Line Managers
* Investigating, recording & conducting follow ups of any incident, accident or dangerous occurrences
* Ensuring the site Emergency Plan & Procedures is up to date & key responders are clear on its execution
* Ensuring all equipment is installed & operated safely as per legislation
* Managing & monitoring all third-party activities for safe practises
*NOT ESSENTIAL to come from food background experience, open to all sectors.
If this role sounds like your cup of tea and you are interested in applying, please submit your CV below and I will contact you for a confidential chat. Or, for more information please contact Lauren on 086 1078054