Health and Safety Officer
My client is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer to join their food manufacturing company based in Co. Kildare
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time. Develop and distribute health and safety communications, such as tool box talks and safety alerts to proactively strive for continual improvement.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly. Prepare accident investigation reports ensuring corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement and ensure compliance.
- Implement new processes and H&S policies where identifiable. Oversee and manage all preventative and protective procedures.
- Prepare weekly management reports for the senior management teams to highlight statistics and trends.
- Supporting on site regulatory audits and maintaining all documentation in relation to this
- Carrying out risk assessments and actioning change controls where necessary
- Provide Training; Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required Develop and deliver training/presentations to support achievement of corporate HS objectives. Manage the training database for all employees and ensures all HS training requirements are fulfilled
- Carry out safety audits in conjunction with the Production Area Managers/Plant Managers in order to inspect and check plant, processes, procedures, practices and premises to ensure that the necessary safety standards are maintained and to establish whether additional measures are required
- Ensure all EHS performance indicators are met
- Continuous drive of safety culture
- Departmental administration duties as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Health & Safety, EHS or related discipline or working towards one
- 1 -2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment (Desirable, but not essential)
- Manual Handling Instructor (Desirable, but not essential)
- Forklift Instructor (Desirable, but not essential)
- Good communication skills to explain safety procedures and regulations clearly and concisely to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Good communications skills for compiling and producing reports
If you are interested in this role and hold suitable experience please contact Jennifer and apply through the link provided