Health and Safety Officer
Your new company!
Passionate, family owned company servicing some of the biggest retailers in the world my client are market leaders in their segment of food industry.
Evolving from a background in farming this organisation have grown from strength to strength and are now seeking a Health & Safety Officer
Your new role:
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established food production company who have expereicned considerbale growth over the past 5 years. Your main remit will see you responsible for the development and implementation of a Health and Safety management system for the company as well as providing support and advice for the various business managers to make sure all departments are fulfilling their H & S responsibilities.
To get your attention this is a selection of some of the key responsibilities of this career advancing Health & Safety Officer job!
- Ongoing development and implementation of improved Health and Safety practices, policies, and procedures as well as the operation of same with the relevant managers
- Chair Site Safety meetings to update all business managers while ensuring all site employees and contractors are fully safety trained e.g. manual handling, fork truck, PPT, SOP sign off etc.
- Evaluate risk assessments on a regular basis and execute Internal Audit processes at site level and measure performance.
- Compile a monthly written safety report for review by the Ops Manager
- Organise regular unscheduled audits on sites.
- Institute and entrench waste management best practices into the company culture
What we need from you
Ideally you will hold a relevant Diploma in H & S or equivalent IOSH certication with 2years + prior relevant H & S experience in a food production environment.
You will need a demonstrated ability to influence people at different levels along with strong communication and relationship building skills and experience.
Finally you will have a continuous improvement mindset and the ability to push back when needs be!
What in it for you!
There is a very competitive salary available of €35-€40k doe along with the opportunity to fastrack your health & safety career with a very progressive company who have significantly expanded their market share during 2020.
With plans to grow the business by over 40% over the next 3 years you would be joining a company who are on the cusp of doing something very special in their industry.
Sound like your cup of tea? To apply, click the button!