Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer - Meath
Do you feel like you want to move up and there is no where for you to go in your current company? Health and Safety is needed more than ever now in the factories and our client, a food producer, based in Meath, requires a Health & Safety Officer.
If you are a confident (able to OWN the task and make sure others listen and adhere) and experienced H&S officer who is looking to step up into a bigger role, then this might be the role you have been looking for.
This is a stand alone role, reporting into the group H & S Manager.
* Works with site management to develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety (H&S) practices, programmes and initiatives which contribute to reducing the risk of accidents at the plant.
* Co-ordinates the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks, advises management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards.
* Actively participates in designing and delivering the Company H&S training programme in conjunction with HR and training advisors. Manage emergency planning, including responsibility for the emergency response team (ERT).
* Oversee all H&S accident/incident investigations and follow-up on close out of corrective actions.
* Conducts regular announced and unannounced Safety Inspections to ensure that all departments are complying with the terms of the Safety Statement. Maintain records and assists the appropriate manager in planning corrective action.
* Liaise with H&S committee, the Health and Safety Authority Officers and others as required and build strong working relationships in this regard.
* Point of contact for external auditors and bodies
* Responsible for the documentation control of H&S function
Do you have a formal Science degree coupled with a minimum of 2 years experience gained in a manufacturing facility (preferably food)
You will be a practical and proactive person who is able to communicate at all levels, training staff on acceptable H&S standards and introducing change.
You will have experience in risk assessments, managing training plans, accident management and document control.
If you are a decisive, compliance champion and you are interested to hear more about this H&S job in Meath, please apply today and I will contact you to discuss the Health and Safety Officer job with you.
CONSULTANT: Aisling Murray 086 8371935
You may have also searched for H&S jobs Meath, Health and Safety Jobs Ireland, Health & Safety Jobs Ireland, H&S jobs Ireland