Health and Safety Officer
Do you want to fast track your career in 2021 with one of Ireland's most iconic renewable's & utility service providers?
Are you a dedicated Health & Safety professional with the ability and desire to build on existing systems and promote a health and safety culture in your new organisation?
Are you experienced in the development of H&S systems, implementation and compliance?
If so stop what you are doing and apply now for the career advancing Health & Safety job!
My client an iconic Irish renewable's & utility service provider (encompassing electricity, heating, resource recovery, water, growing media and related service) are on a journey of transformation, innovation, sustainability, and growth and are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer for their Renewable Energy Business Unit (role commutable from Dublin, Wicklow, Laois, Offaly, Meath, Carlow and Kildare) due to the growth of this part of the company.
Having adopted a new strategy of putting sustainable business, products and services at the heart of what they do, a career here offers great opportunities for those interested in working with cutting edge technologies in a company culture where you are empowered to think independently, be innovative and take the initiative!
As H & S Officer your primary remit to provide Health, Safety & Welfare leadership and expertise to your business unit and you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, well-funded educational assistance programme/people development programmes and the opportunity to progress your career in an organisation that is forecasted to double in size over the next 10 years!
YOUR NEW JOB
Some of the key elements of this exciting and varied H & S Officer job will include:
- Lead the management of Health Safety & Welfare from the feasibility stage of projects through to operational handover;
- Provide leadership in Health and Safety for projects through procurement and construction, ensuring effective control of H&S hazards, full compliance of internal standards and legal aspects to minimize the occurrence of incidents and accidents;
- Coordinate with your internal and external stakeholders at the various stages of project development;
- Oversee the preparation of initial health & safety plans, relevant health, safety and welfare tender and contract documentation including PQQ requirements, ITT, H,S&W specifications, H,S&W plans, etc.
- Involved in tender assessments, participate in contract negotiations and in contractor selection;
- Make sure that any Health, Safety and Welfare risks are properly assessed and appropriately mitigated in the project solutions proposed and implemented;
- Lead the Health & Safety supervision and management of contractors and other engineering service providers.
- Manage investigations and the preparation of reports including monthly progress reports, minutes of meetings, health, safety and welfare audits, and compliance reports.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU.
To hit the ground running in the Health & Safety Officer job you will hold a relevant Health and Safety qualification and have 5+ years' experience in a similar role.
Sound like your cup of tea?
THEN DON'T HESITATE AND APPLY TODAY AS APPLICATION CLOSE SOON!