Health and Safety Officer
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Health and Safety Officer to join their food manufacturing company based in the east of the country.
Their company currently supplies world-leading food brands across more than 44 markets, including the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Purpose of the Role
The main function of this role is to Support the Health & Safety team in all aspects of Health and Safety across the company, along with assisting in driving the Health & Safety agenda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time. Develop and distribute health and safety communications, such as tool box talks and safety alerts to proactively strive for continual improvement.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly. Prepare accident investigation reports ensuring corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement and ensure compliance.
- Implement new processes and H&S policies where identifiable. Oversee and manage all preventative and protective procedures.
- Prepare weekly management reports for the senior management teams to highlight statistics and trends.
- Supporting on site regulatory audits and maintaining all documentation in relation to this
- Carrying out risk assessments and actioning change controls where necessary
- Provide Training; Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required Develop and deliver training/presentations to support achievement of corporate HS objectives. Manage the training database for all employees and ensures all HS training requirements are fulfilled
- Ensure all EHS performance indicators are met
- Continuous drive of safety culture
- Departmental administration duties as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Third level degree in Health & Safety, EHS or related discipline
- 2 - 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Be a problem solver - Essential.
- Have very good interpersonal skills - proven ability to work effectively on a team and with other departments.
- Striving constantly to raise the standards in HS.
- Have the ability to identify and foresee potential problems from an HS perspective, to identify solutions and implement in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills to explain safety procedures and regulations clearly and concisely to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Manual Handling Instructor (Desirable, but not essential)
- Forklift Instructor (Desirable, but not essential)
If you hold suitable experience and would like more information on this role please contact Jennifer and apply through the link provided