Health and Safety Manager
Are you an experienced H & S professional with a proven track record in developing and implementing health and safety management systems in the manufacturing sector?
Would a package of up to €65k doe, plus a a generous bonus of 17.5%, plus pension, 23 days holidays, healthcare, free company doctor and a subsidised canteen catch your eye?
Would you like to progress your Health & Safety mgt career with an iconic multinational brand name in the food & beverage production industry?
If so this is the career advancing job that you've been waiting for!
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
I am delighted to be assisting this very well-regarded manufacturing multi-national who have been in Cork for over 30 years and have a brilliant reputation because they really know how to look after their people & retain their employees.
Having met with this company numerous times over past few years they really come across as a great company to work for with a very friendly atmosphere i.e., a multinational manufacturer with a lovely SME feel & roles honestly do not come up here very often!
YOUR NEW JOB:
Reporting to the Plant Manager some of the key elements of this career advancing Health & Safety Manager role include
- Making sure that health and safety risks on site are identified, evaluated and mitigated.
- Ensuring the management of the required Health & Safety documentation for external agencies, firms, Government bodies, etc.
- Maintain and develop relations with public organizations working in the sector, collaborate during inspections and periodical visits of working areas
- Define plant H&S objectives and programs in accordance with Group and Regional guidelines
- Lead H&S incident investigations to determine root causes and define action plans
- Keep up to date on regulatory H&S requirements and keep leadership team updated on compliance needs.
- Work with site stakeholders to maintain full compliance with regulatory and group requirements
- Monitor and verify local adherence to work safety standards and procedures as well as implementation of all corrective actions identified during audits, inspections, risk assessments, etc.
- Regular reporting on H&S metrics, status, issues, non-compliance's, incidents to local and regional stakeholders
- Continually increase the awareness and engagement of everyone on safety, promoting and developing a proactive safety culture on site.
- Organize and conduct H&S training for on-site staff, both to ensure competency and awareness on H&S but also to comply with legal requirements
- Contribute to development of and ensure the implementation of local Strategic Plans (PS3) in full alignment with regional and group Strategic Plan. Counsel and support local management in all H&S matters.
- Develop and implement emergency response for the site.
WHATS IN FOR YOU:
This job offers a very competitive package with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop your career and technical expertise with an international company who have a very strong quality and food safety culture and who invest strongly in their sites and people.
A job here will also offer potential opportunities to gain international work experiences for people who might like to travel and work outside of Ireland later in their career and you'll learn from a company with a diverse portfolio of some very well-known brands.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
You will be a chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or equivalent qualification (or working towards) and have a minimum of 4 years' experience at H&S Manager level in the manufacturing sector.
You will have a proven ability to deliver training modules to all levels of the organisation and as Health & Safety Manager you must have strong influencing and negotiation skills
Sound like your cup of tea?
Then hit the link to apply.