Head of Sales (Agri)
FRS Recruitment is working in partnership with a leading Irish Agribusiness and inviting applications for the role of 'Head of Sales - Agri'. Indeed. This is a full time permanent role.
Summary of Role
Responsible for developing and delivering sales revenue budgets across multiple commercial divisions and special projects. Retain and grow revenues from existing customer portfolios and new business acquisition. Lead the sales team through the creation and implementation of strategies across all categories of business to maximise commercial activity in line with revenue targets and cost budgets. Contribute to the senior management team for operating performance, strategy development and delivery.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales budgets across each sales channel
- Overall responsibility for business development, to identify market opportunities and new revenue streams to achieve and exceed budgets.
- Understand category specific landscapes and trends to determine growth opportunities.
- Evolve strategies to meet changes within the industry as required.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships internally and externally. Effective management of the performance of the sales team. Communicate with the team individually and collectively including attending all sales meetings. Set clear goals and expectations.
- Drive and motivate sales performance through day to day interaction with team and GROW meetings.
- Attend industry events to build business relationships and identify new opportunities.
- Embed a strong customer service culture and build long term customer relationships.
- Implement and drive digital sales opportunities.
- Setting sales team targets for sales team.
- Manage department costs in line with budgets.
- People management responsibilities including recruitment, leave and training. Manage and address any underperformance.
- Work closely with other department managers to achieve common goals.
- Manage CRM system to ensure compliance and ability to run accurate timely reports.
- Keep abreast of competitors and multiplatform offerings.
- Provide ongoing forecasts and financial reporting.
- Work with Financial Controller on managing and approving incentive and sales award schemes.
- 7 years + experience in a senior sales management role.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- People management experience including training & development, performance management and recruitment and an ability to inspire colleagues to achieve individual and group targets.
- Third Level qualification, preferably in marketing or business.
- Experience in and knowledge of the agri-food sector essential.
- Self-motivated, drive to succeed, results focused.
- Customer centric and experience in key stakeholder management.
- Team player.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in CRM systems, Microsoft Office, Outlook. Digital and social media proficiency.
- Salary: Lucrative salary on offer
- Pension: defined contribution scheme Vhi (after 6 months)
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) & Life Assurance
- Company car of a type & budget approved by the company
- Lunch card for our office canteen: company top up of €40 monthly.
- Employee assistance programme
- Expenses in line with the company's expenses policy
- Holidays: 21 days per annum + 2 company days. 1 additional holiday after every 4 years' service, up to a max of 5 days
- Free parking in communal car park
- Flexible / hybrid working: while the place of work is in our office, the company offers flexibility for remote working subject to business requirements.
Apply today by sending an up to date CV below, all applications are treated with strict confidence