Head of Purchasing ( Agri )
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Head of Purchasing on behalf of a progressive Agricultural business outside Cork City. This is a full-time permanent role.
This role offers the opportunity to join a Senior Management team within a thriving agricultural business that has been serving the Irish agricultural trade for over 30 years. Due to a retirement we are now looking to recruit a Head of Purchasing with strong financial management skills.
Reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for the following duties
- Review the existing supply chain to ensure the company is attaining best value for money.
- Select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the purchasing strategy and assures contract compliance and deliverables.
- Assist with development of accurate product forecasts and rules around lead times that generate order quantities for planning.
- Establish and embed the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process.
- Attend production meetings when necessary and facilitate an overview of requirements highlighting any foreseen issues in relation to supply. Forecast and Plan 6 to 12 months ahead
- Work with Quality Department to ensure all quality specs are clear and to anticipate any regulatory changes that would impact supply (e.g changes to food register etc)
- Establish new, and maintain existing, key suppliers across all areas.
- Research alternative and best value raw materials with Quality Department where appropriate.
- Develop a strategic purchasing plan to ensure the continued success of the company . just in time deliveries , reduced stock levels maximising return on cash flow and taking advantage of market opportunities . Examine the possibility of the company trading key raw materials in Ireland to maximise purchasing power.
- Develop effective and appropriate relationships with key suppliers based on the agreed strategy and manage supplier performance that promotes continuous improvement.
- Attend key trade fairs Worldwide to maintain supplier contact/relationships and to source new suppliers.
- Build and maintain relationships with the supply chain.Establish with Finance Dept cash flow parameters, stock levels and budgets. Work with Finance Dept to maintain accurate Bills of Materials. Update annually as part of budgeting process and ad hoc when there are material changes in costs.
- Manage and agree credit terms with suppliers, ensuring best value for Company.
- Suggest short term and long term cost reduction strategies with the company 3 year strategic plan.
- Work with a high ethical standard, in compliance with our quality standards.
- Relevant Industry ideally of knowledge of pharma or food sectors.
- Possess excellent IT skills; proficient in excel.
- Good management skills, market researching tactics, negotiation skills and marketing capabilities.
- Team player and good interpersonal skills are imperative.
- Self starter, driven person excellent at planning ahead and highly numerate.
- Capable of establishing relationships at senior levels with key suppliers.
- Previous manufacturing experience an advantage.
Attractive salary & benefits
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John in confidence on 087 9955439