Head of Product Development FOOD NPD
Job title: Head of Product Development - NPD Manager
Location: North Tipperary
Type of job: full time, permanent
Working hours: Monday to Friday role 8am-5pm plus flexibility and overtime as business demands
Travel: 30% of time (Ireland, UK and Europe)
This role will be responsible for driving product innovation and development
The Head of Product Development develops and implements strategic plans to execute key R&D initiatives to help maximize profitable growth.
This is a Product Development and leading Research and Development role leading project initiatives & strategies .This candidate should have a proven record of developing and executing work plans and driving for results in a variety of challenging and customer competitive settings. The candidate will be a developmental and culinary leader for technical projects to meet business initiatives focused on growth, brand maintenance, cost engineering, and quality improvement. The candidate will also help to drive the long-term technology enablers for the business. Ideally, the candidate would have experience in Meat Science or working with meat raw materials. This role is responsible for the design and execution of product testing, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, documentation, communicating results, and product commercialization
Reporting to: Managing Director
Direct reports: 2
Your main responsibilities:
* Leading the product development process for the organisation by driving food developments from the concept phase right through to commercialization.
* Managing the strategic pipeline of work for future Product Development projects.
* Leading the product development strategy to ensure its alignment with business development plans.
* Lead the Technical team in the execution of multiple projects concurrently.
* Responsible for driving pilot products through the NPD process
* Carrying out one to one/continuous improvement meetings with NPD team in the department
* Creating, developing and improving upon customer and supplier relationships
* Ensuring that new product specifications and product quality are in line with the customer's requirements.
* Providing current insights, identifying new food trends and benchmarking against competitor products
* Liaising with internal functions such as business development, quality and production.
* Presenting to stakeholders internally and customers externally.
* Understanding of production processes
* Work closely with teams cross functionally to ensure projects are coordinated and completed
* A strong working knowledge of Quality and quality systems compliance and Health & Safety is important
* Bachelor's degree in food science or related discipline
* A strong knowledge of Quality and quality systems compliance in FMCG
- A min of 4+ years working in NPD role
* Passionate about product and food business
* Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills
* Ability to dive and motive teams to deliver on the R&D objectives for the business
* Ability to interface at all levels of the organization
* High ethical standards with the ability to make sound judgments
* Professional demeanor with strong communication skills
* Ability to develop and deliver succinct, relevant, and professional presentations
* Ability to set priorities, manage projects, and drive results
* Strong problem solver with ability to make decisions
* Strong computer skills (Windows, MS Office and Quality Systems)
* Analytical skills with a strong business background
* Knowledge of technical and legislative requirements essential
Up to 30% (UK, Europe, Ireland)
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (in Word) now through this website for a review with FRS Recruitment.